Soludo speaks on the Platform: Towards Sustainable Democracy and Free Market Economy in Nigeria
*Towards Sustainable Democracy and Free Market Economy in Nigeria* Chukwuma Charles SOLUDO, CFR Governor, Anambra State Remarks at The Platform; June 12, 2024; Lagos I: Introduction Happy Democracy Day Nigeria! Many thanks to Senior Pastor Poju Oyemade and Convener of The Platform Nigeria for the invitation and for keeping faith in providing this Platform for national dialogue. I am glad to be here again after five years. This year Nigeria marks 64 years as an independent country and 25 consecutive years of democratic experiment in the 4th Republic. Within this period, we have professed to practise democracy and a free market economy. It is indeed a fitting period to undertake an evaluation of the journey so far. In 2005, I delivered the National Democracy Day Lecture organized by the Federal Government entitled "The Political Economy of Sustainable Democracy in Nigeria”. Some 20 years later, I am here--- on another Democracy Day Lecture, to dis...
Comments
Post a Comment